New To Blogging
When I first made the blogging leap I decided almost immediately that I wanted to start off with a self-hosted blog. I didn’t want to put effort into blogging if I couldn’t do it the way I wanted to. I’m creative and like to make things look exactly how I want them too. Besides that, the one thing I knew for sure was that I wanted to make this my business. I was going to make money working from home on my new blog. If this sounds like you, let my experience help you get off to the right start.
Many people make it sound super easy to start a blog. I suppose that yes, it is easy to purchase a domain and self-hosted website but that’s not all there is to it. It’s a huge learning process and you have to either learn some technical know-how or you have to dish out some money to someone who does know what they are doing.I didn’t have very much money to start so it was going to be the rough path for me but I love it that way! I’ve learned so much and I now have so much more to be proud of because I have worked hard for it.
Admittedly, the blogging world is a pretty friendly one and most bloggers have no problem helping another blogger out. This makes thing so much easier to start and run a blog now than it must have been 10 years ago. You can just hop on Youtube or google and find the help you need to get through each process of blogging. It’s a growing business that is in high demand since everyone is now obsessed with internet life.
My advice to you is that if you’ve been wanting to blog don’t doddle any longer. Dive in today and get started on the incredible journey that is blogging. It’s amazing, fun and exciting. Let me tell you if you suffer from boredom or feeling unaccomplished blogging can fill those voids.
Yes, it is a lot of work. It’s not easy money. It is self-employment and you are your own boss! No real deadlines except the ones you set for yourself. Like any business, you need a strong foundation and that foundation is your host! You can use this link to Get started right now! or you can keep reading to learn why Siteground is the best hosting service.
Hosting With Hostgator
Many hosts do their best to make the “starting a website” process as easy as possible and it is one of their best features because when you get started it’s like speaking a new language. It’s downright confusing.Also Read: Starting A Blog For Beginners
Hostgator does help along the process… but not nearly as much as I would have liked them too. I made a ton of mistakes right off the bat and the first week was quite hellish. It nearly had me convinced that I made a huge mistake and spent money I shouldn’t have. Fortunately, I didn’t give up. My boyfriend thought the whole thing was a scam and I just knew it wasn’t. I talked it up so much and I had to prove myself right regardless of the overwhelm I was facing. What I didn’t know was how much of a difference a great host would have made from the get-go.
I’m not going to act like Hostgator was the worst host I could have started with. I’m sure in the near future they will get their stuff worked out and will be great themselves but here are some of the problems I had with Hostgator:
- Their customer service hung up with me on live chat multiple times. I am super polite always! They couldn’t resolve my problems due to lack of experience on at least three different occasions and would just leave the chat. I’m not even kidding you it was very unprofessional.
- I spent far too much time on live chat. By this I mean there was long wait times or they would keep sending me around to different representatives. This can take several hours that I just didn’t have.
- Live chat again. There’s was multiple times the representative would make a suggestion and act as though that solved the problem. I would try their suggestion, it would fail and I would be stuck getting a hold of them again. Bottom line is, their customer service lacks proper experience.
- They charge for things they shouldn’t and I feel it’s greedy. Things like a free SSL. SSL is super important to your website! They tried to charge me two separate charges to use a free SSL. It’s bogus! Customer service told me if I upgraded my package I could then use the SSL, so I scrounged up enough money to do that. Well, surprise! There was an additional installation fee they were going to charge me, without informing me!
- They made it seem that starting a website directly through them was the best option. They should have clearly directed me to download WordPress from them and to start my website under WordPress. It’s a world of difference!
I won’t completely harsh on them though… They did have free 24/7 customer service even if it was lacking and had long wait time. On the upside, my website never went down or got hacked. I also liked their navigation in Cpanel and I had a fast running website. (My website running fast could have had more to do with my plugins though.) Either way, for me Hostgator wasn’t cutting it. I couldn’t wait for my year to be up and to make the switch and I’m so happy I did.
My switch to Siteground
First off, Siteground has free site migration. This means you give them a few details and they will do all the crazy, frustrating, technical crud to move your website from a previous host to them for free! So, even if you already purchased hosting you may be within your limited time warranty still and can still get your money back and make the switch!
Second, if you are just starting out they take you step-by-step through the process and take loads of stress off you.
Third, they really care about you and your website! They let you use free SSL, Cloudflare, they offer tons of products for great pricing. They also have free 24/7 customer service that you can talk to almost instantly, that actually know what they are doing!
I’m done listing numbers here and I’m just going to brag about how great they truly are. Their navigation is so much easier to use. You can even sign into your Cpanel directly from your host panel!
Siteground is on the top with website speed being by far one of the fastest hosts. They are super safe and protect your website. They can handle more users at once without your website going down than most other hosts. Their customer service rocks… Honestly, I could just go on and on with how impressive they are. I love them and highly recommend you don’t waste any time on any other host. You won’t regret it. Hopefully, I caught you before you got started and saved you loads of trouble. If not, it’s never too late to make the switch. Use any of my links to hop on over and check out their packages right now. Happy blogging to you!