You are going to love these Savory Steak Rolls. Jesse, my man makes these and they are indeed a treat for the taste buds! I recommend making a lot of them because you just can’t get enough.
They have a bit of a fancy look to them and could be made for your nice dinner date with your love, but they are also simple enough you can eat them as super bowl finger food… (They get a little messy though so still use a plate if you’re gonna finger food it!)
What you’ll need
- Cooking oil (whatever kind you prefer )
- 1 clove raw Garlic
- Seasoning salt (again what you prefer, but we use either Lawry’s seasoning salt or Garlic salt)
- 1 pack Cream cheese
- 1 bundle of Asparagus (about 16 sticks of asparagus)
- 2 packages Thin chuck shoulder steak (about 16-20 meat slices)
I’ll assume you have a skillet. Preferably two.
How to make it
- First, you’re going to heat oil in a pan, probably about 4 tbs.
- Dice clove of garlic and cook in pan
- Cut each stick of asparagus in half
- Sautee bundle of asparagus in garlic and oil. (Cut tough ends off if you prefer) cook until they’re medium soft. (Still a little crunchy)
- Season with seasoning salt. We season by site, but probably 1 tsp
- Once Asparagus is done sauteeing, stretch a piece of meat out
- Spread cream cheese across about 2-3 inches in middle of meat
- Place 2 halves sauteed asparagus in center but closer to one side, over cream cheese
- Wrap each horizontal end over asparagus
- Grab one vertical side, the side asparagus is closest too, and wrap over asparagus then tightly roll out to the end (think like rolling up a burrito)
- Place a toothpick on each side to keep roll together
- Cook 4-5 of these in a skillet with about 1 tbs oil
- Lightly season salt steak if desired
- Cook on one side, remove toothpicks, gently flip over and put toothpicks back in on side now facing up.
- Make sure you cook these well
Serve on a plate, possibly with mash potatoes, baked potato, pasta, or salad. Enjoy with a glass of wine or however it suits you best. My man got some cooking skills huh?! Leave a comment, let us know what you think.