I’m not even gonna beat around the bush. Definitely do try these because they are yummy, yummy! I wish I could take credit for their creation but I have to give my boyfriend the credit here.
At least, the credit for introducing them to me… Sadly, he didn’t invent them either but he still gets brownie points. 😉
I’d say they’re perfect for any occasion, Superbowl, a nice dinner date, family dinner, whatever suits you. They’re pretty but can get messy too, so keep a napkin in your lap and use a plate. Enjoy!
What you’ll need
- Cooking oil (whatever kind you prefer )
- 1 clove raw Garlic
- Seasoning salt (again what you prefer, but we use either Lawry’s seasoning salt or Garlic salt)
- 1 pack Cream cheese
- 1 bundle of Asparagus (about 16 sticks of asparagus)
- 2 packages Thin chuck shoulder steak (about 16-20 meat slices)
I’ll assume you have a skillet. Preferably two.
How to make it
- First, you’re going to heat oil in a pan, probably about 4 tbs.
- Dice clove of garlic and cook in pan
- Cut each stick of asparagus in half
- Sautee bundle of asparagus in garlic and oil. (Cut tough ends off if you prefer) cook until they’re medium soft. (Still a little crunchy)
- Season with seasoning salt. We season by site, but probably 1 Tsp
- Once Asparagus is done sauteeing, stretch a piece of meat out
- Spread cream cheese across about 2-3 inches in middle of meat
- Place 2 halves sauteed asparagus in center but closer to one side, over cream cheese
- Wrap each horizontal end over asparagus
- Grab one vertical side, the side asparagus is closest too, and wrap over asparagus then tightly roll out to the end (think like rolling up a burrito)
- Place a toothpick on each side to keep roll together
- Cook 4-5 of these in a skillet with about 1 tbs oil
- Lightly season salt steak if desired
- Cook on one side, remove toothpicks, gently flip over and put toothpicks back in on side now facing up.
- Make sure you cook these well
Serve on a plate, possibly with mash potatoes, baked potato, pasta, or salad. Enjoy with a glass of wine or however it suits you best. Leave a comment, let us know what you think.